Saturday, March 22, 2014

Thankful in Uncertainties

Tonight, I am thankful.

Life is quite a ride and has been especially eventful lately. I am too tired and my head is too full to write much tonight. But I just want to say how thankful I am for everything I have, for everyone in my life, for every moment God gives me here on this Earth.

I am thankful my moms cancer is getting smaller. Part of me is still so focused on the fact that it may take longer to go away or it may never go away. But I try to push that part away and focus on what we know today. Today, we know that it is getting smaller and that she is here with us on this Earth now. For that, I am very thankful.

I am thankful for good friends. I have been overwhelmed by support from some of my coworkers lately. Whether it's a heartfelt text of encouragement, willingness to help with the Running Club I'm doing, or simply a smile and a friendly greeting day after day, all of these things mean so much to me.

I am thankful to have a job and a house. I complain a lot about both and I shouldn't complain at all about anything but especially not these two blessings! I am so blessed to have a job in my career field. I am blessed to have a house with a roof that keeps me relatively warm and safe from nature. I am especially blessed to live in such a beautiful place.

I am so thankful for the kind people we have met in Sylva! I am thankful to be able to call on these friends anytime we need a place to stay or help with anything really. I am thankful to be staying in Sylva tonight in a beautiful house with wonderful people (and yummy food)!

I am thankful for the spiritual journey God has taken me on. At a recent women's retreat, I was a able to reflect on my journey, on how God has taken care of me before I even knew anything about Him. I was reminded of how many sweet, loving sisters in Christ I have that are constantly surrounding me in love and prayer. I am so thankful to be a child of the one true God, to be in constant communication with Him.

I am thankful for so many friends that I have! Even if we mostly 'talk' through texting, instagram, twitter or snapchat lately, I am so thankful to be able to use this social media to see what's going on in your life and to get a like or a comment from you on what's going on with my life. I am so blessed to have so many people in my life that care about me.

I want to celebrate life with gratitude every day. I want my prayers to be full of thanksgiving, not asking for more. I want to live a love of joy and thankfulness.

Have a great night! Thank you for reading this blog :)

--Nothing Without Him--
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment